20 rubles – Kruzenshtern
Series: Belarus – Sailing Ships
The Kruzenshtern or Krusenstern (Russian: Барк Крузенштерн) is a four masted barque and tall ship that was built in 1926 at Geestemünde in Bremerhaven, Germany as the Padua (named after the Italian city). She was surrendered to the USSR in 1946 as war reparation and renamed after the early 19th century Baltic German explorer in Russian service, Adam Johann Krusenstern (1770–1846). She is now a Russian Navy sail training ship.
At the top – the relief of the State Coat of Arms of the Republic of Belarus and inscription "РЭСПУБЛIКА БЕЛАРУСЬ" (REPUBLIC OF BELARUS); in the center at the background of navigation sea chart the stylized image of wind rose with raised hologram; beneath – face value "20 РУБЛЁЎ" (20 ROUBLES) – on silver coin and "1 РУБЕЛЬ" (1 ROUBLE) – on copper–nickel coin; on the right - year of issue, (on silver coin – alloy standard and corporate (commercial) mark of Mint of Poland.
In the center - an image of Kruzenshtern with a seascape in the background. Below it - a miniature of the ship (side view) and - the inscription in Belarusian: КРУЗЕНШТЕРН (Kruzenshtern).