20 dollars: 50th Anniversary of the Canadian Coast Guard
In 1962, Canada’s centuries-long history with the sea became formalized as a federal organization: the Canadian Coast Guard (CCG). Within a few years, the icebreaker CCGS Louis S. St-Laurent was launched to assume a critical role in the navigation, research, communications and support of mariners in Canadian waters.
This coin will make a beautiful gift to your friends and family interested in Canadian maritime history as it commemorates the 50th anniversary of the CCG.
• Each coin is accompanied by a vial containing a small piece of steel from the pre-refit bow of CCGS Louis S. St-Laurent taken during its refitting to keep the vessel operating until its replacement can be commissioned in 2017. This refitting process is symbolic of the life-cycle of all CCG ships, making the steel piece an exceptional memento of both the history of the Canadian Coast Guard and the historic CCGS Louis S. St-Laurent.
• Your coin bears the years 1962 and 2012 and the words "Canadian Coast Guard" to commemorate the 50th anniversary.
• GST/HST exempt.
• Crafted in fine silver (99.99% pure).
• Limited to 7,500 coins worldwide.
Internationally renowned marine artist Yves Bérubé found his inspiration for this coin’s design while he was aboard an ice-locked ship and watched through a porthole as the Louis S. St-Laurent came to the rescue - a vision that perfectly embodies the CCG’s past, present and future.
• Each fine silver coin is accompanied by a piece of steel from the ship’s pre-refit bow and showcased in a Canadian Maple wood case.
A perfect gift for Canadian maritime enthusiasts. Order your coin today!
|Face value:||20 dollars|
|Mintage:||7,500 pc proof|
|Issue price:||$129.95 CAD|